The kind promise for the month is “I will share my strengths compassionately.” That might mean:
- Remembering your own brilliance.
- Encouraging someone else to shine.
- Offering to do something you are good at and/or that comes easily to you to meet a need you see in the world.
- Holding back and letting someone else have a chance to offer their gifts.
- Assessing your own energy and workload before volunteering.
- Renegotiating promises as needed.
I am tired today, but I usually write blog posts on Wednesdays (which is today). I enjoy writing, but because of my weariness, I am giving myself permission to use bullet points today. I am also expanding the journaling section to give you a chance to consider how you might offer your gifts.
What have I missed? Please let me know in the comments section below.
In your journal:
- What do you love doing? What makes your heart sing?
- What comes easily to you?
- What are your skills and talents?
- What training or experiences make you unique?
- What has been your experience with volunteering and setting boundaries?
- Write about a time when you volunteered and felt good about it.
- Write about a time when you volunteered and it didn’t go well.