Welcome to Creativity Cookies, your monthly invitation to creative action!
The BIG IDEA for this month is
November is National Novel Writing Month and Art Every Day Month. Both are structures designed to support people as they make art. They have in common:
- beginning and end dates – participants prepare for a month of devotion to a goal.
- quotas – NaNoWriMo writers shoot for approximately 1,667 words per day.
- accountability tools – uploading work to online archives helps people keep track of what they’ve done
- peer support – there is a real sense of camaraderie amongst participants.
Such intensity may not be for you, but think about how you can build support for your urge to create.
- one small creative action you would like to take
- how you will reward yourself when you’ve done it
- when you will do it
- an accountability buddy (I volunteer to be that person. Send me an email telling me what and when and I will check in with you.)
- DO IT!
Take a look at Janet Echelman’s sculptures and imagine how you might build a fluid support structure that responds to your environment.